In July 2009, MACY convened a group of key community leaders in the city of Marshfield to discuss the problem of prescription drug diversion and related issues. Out of this meeting, MACY’s Prescription Drug Task Force was formed. In 2012 this committee also identified heroin abuse as a priority and has renamed itself the Drug Task Force.
The Drug Task Force develops and implements an annual prescription drug abuse and heroin use plan. The Drug Task Force is currently working on the following priorities:
- Developing a universal opioid prescriber healthcare policy
- Supporting the utilization of the Wisconsin Enhanced Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (EPDMP)
- Coordinating prescription drug take-back events
- Supporting advertisement and maintenance of the prescription drug drop box
- Distributing a treatment and recovery resource handout
- Enhancing law enforcement efforts
- Promoting a public awareness campaign
Dispose of unwanted, unused or expired medications at Marshfield Police Department’s drop box located in the lobby (110 W 1st Street, Marshfield). Lobby hours are M-F 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For a list of all Wood County pharmaceutical drop-off locations, click here .
Marshfield Clinic and Marshfield Area Coalition for Youth partner with Marshfield Police Department to host Prescription Drug Take-Back Events. Since 2010, the Marshfield community has disposed of over 7,300 pounds of unwanted prescription medications.